Red Cross Babysitting Course
Teaching leadership and responsibility
This 8 hour course offers first aid training and basic care-giving skills for students 11 – 15 years old. Increasingly, parents expect the sitters they hire to have Red Cross training. The program is respected for developing sitters who are comfortable, confident, and competent.
Participants learn about how to prevent and respond to emergencies, how to meet the needs of children of different ages, and how to promote oneself as a sitter.
$70 plus tax for individuals
School group rate of $60 plus tax. Course participants will receive the babysitting manual, a mini- first aid kit, and a diaper.
The course can be completed over a week or a weekend.
Perfect attendance is required to complete the course.
Students must demonstrate their skills and achieve at least 75% on a written exam.
Students who successfully complete the program receive a certificate, a first aid kit, and a copy of the Babysitting Manual.
The Stay Safe! Course
Real-world scenarios often call on children to respond to challenges. The Stay Safe! program teaches applicable and age-appropriate skills, while increasing and reinforcing a youth’s capacity to improve his or her own safety. Whether in their community or on their own, this group will be given better tools to Stay Safe! in a variety of different situations.
Duration: 5 to 6 hours. Flexible scheduling options. Also available in virtual, instructor-led delivery format
- Importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- Importance of setting and following rules around safety when staying on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare, recognize and respond to unexpected situations, (i.e. inclement weather, strangers, unanticipated visits)
- First Aid Content:
- Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911), recovery position, conscious choking (adult/child/alone), feeling unwell, asthma (includes use of inhaler and spacer), anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen), poisoning, insect stings, wound care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns)
Stay Safe! Workbook
Cost: $60 plus tax
School Group pricing: $50 plus tax